Monday, April 16, 2012

The older I get, the more true this becomes.

I get banged up bad from day to day battles, whatever it may be from my flesh or from the Enemy.

But this this stands true: I cannot be sustained or restored except by the Living Bread and Water.

Jesus, come make Your place wide and true in and around my heart.

May I make room for true sustenance every day. Help me choose bread. Help me choose joy, pleasure, and rest in Your right hand. You are joy, pleasure and rest. You are Beautiful.

Thus says the LORD:
“Cursed is the man who trusts in man
and makes flesh his strength,
whose heart turns away from the LORD.
He is like a shrub in the desert,
and shall not see any good come.
He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness,
in an uninhabited salt land.
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose trust is the LORD.
He is like a tree planted by water,
that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought,
for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
Jeremiah 17:5-8


“Come, everyone who thirsts,
come to the waters;
and he who has no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without price.
Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,
and your labor for that which does not satisfy?
Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good,
and delight yourselves in rich food.
Incline your ear, and come to me;
hear, that your soul may live;
and I will make with you an everlasting covenant,
my steadfast, sure love for David.
Isaiah 55:1-5