Monday, April 30, 2012

One of those days

It's one of those days where one simple situation opened doors of emotions that crushed me. 

I have gotten a note from a friend on Valentine's day that truly saved my heart tonight. I hung this letter up because I know somewhere down the line, this will save me when I lose myself... and tonight has been one of those nights. Recently, I feel like I've been fighting every day. Every day is a battle and it's just a weird time in my life right now. I know there is a lot of sharpening going on, but sometimes, I feel like throwing in the towel and just sit and do nothing.

“Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
and bring her into the wilderness,
and speak tenderly to her.
And there I will give her her vineyards
and make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.
And there she shall answer as in the days of her youth,
as at the time when she came out of the land of Egypt.
Hosea 2:14-15


I have a love/hate relationship with the stupid wilderness, but Lord, do what You do best because I don't know what I'm doing, or how to live this life, but You promised life in You. If it means me tasting and drinking more, seeing You more, and knowing the depth, height, length, and width of Your love more, then bring it. Just don't bring the storm without You!!!!!!! I need You for this crazy ride call life... I need You to know You.

The Letter:

My Child,

I know everything about you … Psalm 139:1

I knew you even before you were conceived … Jeremiah 1:4-5

I knit you together in your mother’s womb … Psalm 139:13

You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book. Psalm 139:15-16

I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love … 1 John 4:16

And it is my desire to lavish my love on you … 1 John 3:1

Simply because you are my child and I am your father … Matthew 7:11

Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand … James 1:17

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope … Jeremiah 29:11

For you are my treasured possession … Exodus 19:5

When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you … Psalm 34:18

As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart … Isaiah 40:11

One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes … Revelation 21:3-4

And I’ll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth … Revelation 21:3-4

Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled … 2 Corinthians 5:18-19

His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you … 1 John 4:10

And nothing will ever separate you from my love again … Romans 8:31-32

I have always been Father, and will always be Father … Ephesians 3:14-15

Come home and I’ll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen … Luke 15:7

Love,
Your Abba Almighty God